Thursday, April 22, 2010

NaPoWriMo #22 - Summer Day in Montana

napowrimo #22: a wordle!

April 22nd, 2010

by the Read Write Poem Staff

Today’s prompt is from Read Write Poem member Catherine who provided the contents for today’s prompt, a Wordle.
Use one, or use them, all in the poem you write today

 
 
Summer Day in Montana
 
Katydid and cicada symphonies
reverberate in the trees.
One crow caws a solo on the breeze;
His choir absent at the roadkill emporium
down the street…their fierce squall echoes
in the distance.
Deep blue sky cradles cloud creatures –
their passing makes me dizzy.
Tendrils from our saffron rose caress
the cast iron pump, inhaling beads of moisture;
concealing the rust that peppers the silver base.
Long grasses rustle and I flinch,
praying the intruder is more friend than foe.
Closer inspection reveals a tiny field mouse
more startled than I.
We part friends.
I marvel at the choreography I see –
All of nature involved in a splendid dance
around me.
I find comfort in knowing this dance will go on…
Today…
Tomorrow…
Eternity…

©Bridget Nutting, 2010

4 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

How I love your word combinations... and what makes them even more delectable is the time I spent in Montana last Summer.

Lush!

THANK YOU for the memory and for the brand NEW experience of the memory through your poem!

My Day 22 Poem is "Squall Blows"

bridgeanna said...

Thanks for your comments, Julie! I loved your poem also. What part of Montana did you visit?

Robin said...

Oh, Montana...so beautiful. You had a ready landscape to put these lovely words to! I loved reading this.

bridgeanna said...

Thanks, Robin. I appreciate your comments!